Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Monday, June 10, 2013

Hello Summer, I've been waiting for you...

June is upon us again.  And with it, our 1 year anniversary with Portland.  It's been a good year.  A long one, with random hiccups and great visitors.

In the past month, we have:

1) Met a graphic novel writer/artist that Richard really likes...while we were with some friends at a comic book signing at our favorite comic shop, Things From Another World.

Richard, Edgar, and Joe with Craig Thompson
Gabriel Ba and Fabio Moon

Craig Thompson:
Author/Artist for-
Blankets-A very boy book.  All the guys I know that have read it, have admitted to tearing up.   I tried it, didn't get it, and gave up
Habibi
Good Bye, Chunky Rice-Which actually is quite adorable and heart-warming.

We also saw Gabriel Ba and Fabio Moon.  They are from Brazil.  I haven't read any of their stuff, but they are sooo pretty...


I had to get a picture too, because I developed a crush...










That same week Richard attended some forums at the International Comics and Art Forum.  Basically, a bunch of comic book artists, writers, and professors came and did panels and forums.  They talked about getting started and where they think comics are going.  I attended one of the panels, and it was very interesting.  Richard seemed to get quite a bit out of it.  We are so lucky that we can be in an area where it is such a prevalent medium.  It's been great for Richard to be able to rub shoulders with people that have been in his shoes.  I think it helps when he gets down on himself.

At the end of May, our lease was up and it was time to move on.  Richard moved pretty much everything, since I had to work.  He is amazing.  We had a couple guys from the ward come and help move some of the bigger furniture.

This is part of the dresser set that we were given.  
So, for the past week, we have slowly been unpacking and try to reorganize our lives.  This weekend, my boss moved as well.  They just built a new house and had some furniture in storage that they didn't want to move, so they offered them to us.

Richard's new desk and matching bookshelf(courtesy of the good doctor and his wife)
The picture of the dresser is kind of blurry, but it came with a matching chest of drawers and nightstand set.  Very nice IKEA set.  
Front Room
Dining Room
Fireplace

Kitchen
I think things are finally starting to feel like home again.  =)






Back Deck w/ Storage
Well, that is all the news in our life at the time.  =)

No comments: