So, it's been a while since my last post. Things have been pretty tame around here. Nothing crazy. No trees falling on cars, or baby bumps, or any other kind of disaster.
Since my last post, I have been adjusting to my new job. I'm pretty sure I've found my 'kindred spirit,' as Anne Shirley would say. Abby and I are pretty sure we're the same person. If not for the age difference, it's like we were twins separated at birth. So, as you can well assume, by knowing me, she is delightful.
Anyway, my job is good. The pay and hours both increased from my last place of employment, which has been mucho helpful. Also, I now have insurance. Yay!
So....I started writing this like a month ago....and this is where we are now. Tomorrow is May. I don't know if I'm ready for it. I can't believe how fast this year has gone. And our lease is up at the end of the month! Which means that we've almost been in Portland for a year! It has been an incredible ride!
We've met some amazing people and even convinced my sister and her family to move out here. Hopefully we can both stick around. It seems like we both love Portland for different reasons, but that is all the more reason to stay!
Richard is thinking about getting into the film industry. He still wants to do the comic book thing, but more as an on-the-side kind of thing. We think we'll just get him a nice camera and some movie making stuff and he'll do his thing here in Portland. We have some great film certification classes at the NW Film Institute in Downtown Portland, so he might take a couple of those classes to help structure things a little.
As previously mentioned, our lease is up. So, we're deciding whether we want to move closer to my work or stay in the ward...More like I'm trying to decide, Richard doesn't really care either way.
My family came to visit a couple of weeks ago. They stayed with my sister in Lake Oswego, and it was a great weekend! My sister is a great host and we have way too much fun with them. =)
Well, not much more to report as of yet....
Enjoy May!

No comments:
Post a Comment