Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Sunday, February 3, 2013

Just some food for thought...

Happy Sunday to all,

This isn't really an update, or a look into our lives or anything.  I've just had a good weekend so far and thought I would share a few thoughts on the happenings of the past few days.
My sister and her husband and their sweet little girl just moved in 15 minutes away.  We were able to pick them up from the airport and take them to their new home.  They are still waiting for their things to come, so have had to live a little simpler.  But I think it has been good to have some time together before, Dan starts work.
Richard flew out on Friday to Salt Lake City to spend some time with his brother. Since that left me alone for the weekend, I was able to spend some time with my sister and her family.
I had the opportunity to watch what amazing parents my sister and her husband are.  How lucky their little Olivia is!  I feel privileged to have such great role models for when Richard and I decide to expand our family.
From the songs that are sung during bath time, to the little games they play just to get a smile or giggle out of her, anything to make her know she is loved.  That is going to go so far as she gets older.
I am so proud of her parents, of my sister.  We always knew she would be an amazing mother, now we get to experience it in action.
Richard has been away, and I kind of have a co-dependent personality.  I was worried I wouldn't be able to function.  haha Silly me.  Such a feeling of peace has been with me lately.  I think it's been good for me to have a little time to think.
I have a great life.  I have a wonderful husband. I've been lucky enough to have always been blessed with a good job and great co-workers. I can honestly say that I have never been as happy as I am at this point in my life.
I know that I've made some bad choices in my life, choices that could have been avoided.  But I also know that if I hadn't made those choices, I would have never met my husband.  He is the love of my life, the peanut butter to my jelly, the breath to my life.  He takes such good care of me.  He makes sure I have all that I need.  He makes sure I don't freak out over the little distresses of everyday life.  I couldn't ask for a better person to spend eternity with.  Or a better person to be a father to my children.  Everyday I fall in love with him again.  And I love him more than I did the day before.  I didn't think it was possible to have my heart overflow with such love for another.  He makes me want to be better, to try harder.
Well, that is about all today....God bless.

No comments: