I feel like we have been more blessed than we deserve, here on the West Coast. I hope I'm not taking it for granted. Things have just worked out so smoothly.
Richard has been very lucky in finding artists who are willing to work with him in the development of his comics. I know that he was following the Spirit when he made the decision that we needed to move to Portland so that he could fulfill a childhood fantasy. He has been immensely blessed in all his endeavors.
As mentioned in my previous post, we recently bought a car. Milo has taken us to Idaho and back already.
We knew we needed to get a new car, and we felt really good about our decision. But we weren't sure exactly where the money would come for us to pay for it. I was only working part-time, and Richard hasn't had a lot of luck finding a job. I don't think that he is supposed to be working and that's why he can't find a job.
Well, we were looking anyway, so that we would have a way to pay a car payment. And as we were looking, I saw a job posting for an Optician. I already had a good job, but I felt very strongly about sending my resume to this office. So, off my resume went. A few days later, I got an email from the office manager, wanting to set up an interview. Of course, I went in. We hit it off, right off the bat. Already, I felt so good about it. I hadn't even been offered the job, but I knew that sticking my neck out there was the right choice.
She told me a few days later that the only thing they were waiting for, was for Dr. Flandro to call back. I knew that was a slim chance, so I waited. Well, he must like me, because he called them back. After the weekend, I was offered the job. I still feel great about it. I started after the new year, and after our trip home.
I will be making more hourly, working more hours, and they pay for insurance. A pretty sweet deal, I must say. And the people and doctors are incredible.
I am excited to go to work in the morning. I loved working at The Eye Studio, and my co-workers there were amazing. I will miss them all a great deal.
Rewind to the weekend before Christmas. We were waiting to see what the weather would be like on I-84, so we could go home for the holidays. It looked clear, so as soon as I got off work on Saturday, we hopped in the car and headed to Idaho.
All was clear and the drive went smoothly. We arrived at about 4:00AM. We had pre-warned my mother-in-law, so that she would leave the light on and the door unlocked.
The main reason we were trying to get home, was to see my family. My aunt and her sweetheart were flying in from Miami. And my sister and her hubby were coming in from Michigan with my sweet and beautiful new niece. I would have been devastated if we hadn't made it home. We planned on making it a quick 3 day trip. I had to work the last 3 days of the week. And it was my last week at The Eye Studio, since I had put my notice in. I also had to work one day at the new office. After that, I had 3 days off because of the New Years holiday. So, the day after Christmas came and we got up early, all packed and ready to go. But then we checked the weather. Three huge snow storms were come straight across I-84. There was no way. So, I called in to work for the next day. And we spent some more time with my wonderful family.
Then, we headed out to stay at my mother-in-law's again. That way we could head out first thing in the morning and have an hour already taken off of our drive. Well, the next day I woke up and checked the weather. The weather was clear, but the roads were terrible due to the storms the previous day. I waited this time to call in to work for Saturday. Mostly because it was 6 AM and I didn't think they would be too thrilled to get a call from me.
So, we spent the morning unpacking with my mother-in-law. Mid-morning, the office calls to tell me not to worry about the weather and that they have enough coverage to handle Saturday without me. So, I called in to the new job. No point in going home for a 4 hour workday.
That gave us 4 more days!! Yay! We drove back to my parents' house. We were very blessed to spend as much time there as we did. We were able to get to know my delightful niece and spend some much missed time with my family.
Toward the end of our trip, we were able to celebrate the New Year with friends and 'framily.' We drove home New Years Day. The roads were clear, and the weather mild.
I know that we were very blessed to be able to go home for the holidays. Well, that is all until next time. Happy New Year!

No comments:
Post a Comment