Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Tuesday, September 18, 2012

So far in Portland...



Another update from the West Coast.  We are so far very much enjoying this wonderful city we have moved to!  So much fun stuff available to us.  We were able to go to the Bite of Oregon.  They have it every summer and a lot of local restaurants and wineries set up booths and you can go and sample food.  We were able to eat alligator and some super yummy crab melts.  Richard preferred the shrimp melt.  Also delicious.



Also, we've been exploring the cultural opportunities available in the movie arena.  We were able to go and see Dead Alive.  A delightful horror movie.  They were showing it on a blow up screen on the rooftop of a hotel.
It was a lot of fun.  This movie is dear to me especially, because when Richard and I first watched it together, we likened it to our courtship....you'd really have to watch it to understand the humor.  =)

It was a ton of fun!!!

We were able to have some friends visit for a long weekend in August, and took them exploring.  We went to the beach for the first visit of the summer.  I think if we had realized it was so close, we would have been going all summer!  So, now we at least know what we will be doing next summer.  =)

 We took them to Voodoo Doughnuts....and other fun stuff too!!  So glad they drove up, we had a lot of fun!!



Richard and Cass at Seaside Beach.




Keith went and bought a pirate kite.  He was pretty excited about it.  It was fun to watch him have his first kite experience!!





 The past few weeks we have been going to the beach when the weather permits.  We went to the Tillamook cheese factory.  We sampled squeaky cheese and tasty ice cream.
Then we drove up the coast to Cannon Beach and enjoyed the beach some more.  We played in the waves and soaked up some sun.
Then we went to a seafood restaurant and had some fresh, delicious and delightful dinner
 Today, we decided to revisit Cannon Beach since we loved it so much.  We lucked out because the weather was gorgeous and the tide was lower than normal, so we were able to see some cool things that are usually on the bottom of the ocean.  For example, I had never seen a purple starfish before.  I thought it was pretty awesome!  Also, if you look closely, the starfish are surrounded by mollusks and barnacles.  Pretty cool.  We also were able to see a bunch of hermit crabs coming out for dinner.  It was kind of cool to watch them eat.
And we got to watch the sun set over the water.  As you can see, a beautiful sight!!

Another fun little side bit....last week on the way to work, our car had a tree fall into it.
Richard had volunteered for Rose City Comic Con, so he offered to take me to work, since it was on the way.  We ended up being a little early, so we decided to go park at the park that is a block away from my office.  I was going to get out and read until I needed to go to work, but Richard was a little early as well, so decided to stay with me for a few minutes.  Shortly after I closed the car door, we heard what sounded like apples falling on the roof of our car.  Then we heard a huge ripping sound..  Next thing you know, there is a huge tree branch in our windshield.  It was great! *sarcasm, sarcasm*
So we had to call the police and get someone from the city to come out and remove it.  These are the before and after pictures.  Richard was barely able to squeeze out of his door, and had to break some branches from the back door so I could crawl out.  Both the front and back doors on the passenger side were completely blocked with branches.  It was crazy!
I screamed when it happened, Richard was slightly confused.
So, we filed a claim with the city to see if they will pay for the damages.  I doubt that will work out in our favor. But keep your fingers crossed for us!!
Richard was going to comic con to make some professional contacts, and we both felt really good about it.  The way things worked out seemed like the adversary was working against us.  But he ended up taking my bus pass and going anyway.  It turned out really well for him.  He was able to make some valuable contacts that all offered to help in whatever ways they are able to get him on his feet as a writer.  It was a tremendous blessing.  It looks like the Lord knew what he was doing after all.  We spent the next day there as well.  I was able to volunteer with him.  I hope that I can help him make some contacts as well.  Mostly because I'm cute and likable!  hehe
Anyway, life in Portland has thrown many blessings at us....a definite confirmation that we're on the right track.  That always makes me feel slightly less stressed out.

Lots of love!
Ciao
Dickey & Jaks

No comments: