Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Friday, June 8, 2012

Portland



Hey all,


Just thought I would send an update and some pics of our new place! So, I have had 4 job interviews and one job offer in the week we've been here. It was for Lenscrafters, so I was trying to hold out for something better. And I will hopefully be working in Downtown Portland at the Eye Studio. www.the-eyestudio.com


I'm pretty excited, I think it will be a great job! I have gone in 3 times for interviews and 'training' to see how well I mesh and how fast I learn. Now they just have to check my references and do a background check, and I'll be in. I'm really hoping my murderous past doesn't come out in the background check. I think the prostitution won't be a problem.


The Dr. I would be working for pretty much told me I had the job as long as everything looked good from my references and such.


Hopefully, I hear from her this weekend and can start work next week!!


We have been working on Richard's resume and he's applied for a couple part-time jobs, that we're still waiting to hear back from. One of those jobs being at Powell's bookstore, which is huge and beautiful! We explored the other day, and I was blown away. So far we are loving the area and getting to know our surroundings. It's been fun to not be working for a couple weeks. I've been working for the better part of 6 years, and some downtime has been welcome.
 We went to the zoo and Rose Gardens on Monday.  The gardens were gorgeous.  I have the pics from the zoo on our camera, but we need to get   a cord for it, so they will have to wait.

You could see Downtown over the trees.  This is the strangest and prettiest city I have been to.  It feels like you are far away and in the mountains and then all of a sudden you are in the middle of the city.  It's crazy, and I think it's helping me not to feel so overwhelmed.
 We took this at Powell's bookstore, they have a whole section on this stuff.  It's great.
 Living Room

 Kitchen/Dining area.  I don't have a lot of counter space, but I have a huge pantry, so I've accepted that.
This is my lovely and spacious pantry.  As you can see, the shelves are already filled.  Yeah....that was all the food we brought with us... 
This is our patio and our new little charcoal grill.



                     


 Halloween corner and best doughnuts ever!  They are tasty and they put cereal and stuff on them.  The one in the left corner is covered with M&Ms, the middle one is cocoa puffs, and the bottom right corner is bubblegum.  The good thing is that they
are in Downtown, the bad thing is that they are open 24/7.  We are going to be poor and fat....if it weren't for being able to walk most places, that would probably be true.  =)
  This is our artsy wall.  Bed room with very large closet/mirrorEntryway

Bathroom

No comments: