Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Thursday, November 3, 2011

How I love all the fall colors!

Hello again!
  We have been so busy, I don't even know where to begin!  So, we learned that Richard will be graduating next semester.  Shortly after graduation in May, we will be headed to Portland to begin the next chapter of our lives.  It will be strange with no friends or family anywhere near, but if that is where the Lord needs us, then to Portland we go!!  As things happen and work out, we are more and more sure that that is where we need to be.  Richard wants to get  his foot into the comic book industry.  There are at least 3 publishers in Portland.  Portland State has the exact program that he would need to get a Masters' degree in Marketing/Social Psychology.  Also, one of his favorite comic book authors teaches there.
  I had the opportunity to go to Sun Valley for an optometry convention, paid for by my boss.  It was very neat.  I went with another co-worker and we were able to attend very informative and interesting classes for 3 days.  On the last night we were there, they set up an exhibit hall.  I knew that we would have different representatives from different companies there, so I had an idea.  I knew some of the reps that come into our office, and I knew that  a lot of the companies are based in Portland.  So, I went around and told said reps that I would be moving to Portland next summer and took their business cards. I was told by 3 people that they knew the reps that covered that area and they would be thrilled to learn of an experienced paraoptometric was coming to the area.  They told me to let them know when I was close to moving and they would get in touch with their contacts and find me a job.  The next afternoon, while eating lunch with Dr. Flandro, I was telling him about talking to the reps the previous night and had high hopes that they could help me find employment once I moved.  Well, there was a woman who was sitting at the table next to us who overheard our conversation.  She worked directly with optometrist in Portland and gave me her card, telling me to give her a call before I moved and she would find me a place to work.  So, like I said, when things work out so easily, it's hard to fight the Lord's plan for you.
  The previous week, I took my CPO(Certified Paraoptometric) exam.  I found out a few weeks ago that I passed!!  So anywhere I go, I will have this advantage, along with 4 years experience.  So, I am not really worried about getting a job.
  September kind of flew by, although I couldn't tell you what we did or why it seemed like we were always so busy.  When October came around, there was excitement in the eyes of my husband.  Halloween, or Nerd Christmas, is his favorite time of year.  He is all about horror movies and smashing pumpkins.  We have started the tradition that every Halloween(which includes the whole month of October), we only watch scary movies with each other.  Also, we have Horror Movie Night once a week with our friends, where we watch yet another scary movie.  It is a magical time of year.  Toward the end of the month, we carved pumpkins, celebrated Diana's sweet 16, ate too much candy, and learned that white pumpkins smell like sweet cucumbers.  Hilary and Chris had a Halloween party the Saturday before.  We dressed up, smashed stuff, and played games.  I dressed up as Linda Blair from the Exorcist, and Richard was Leatherface(pictures to come).  It was a blast.  Halloween night, ISU had a showing of Rocky Horror Picture Show.  Hilary loves this movie, for what reason I have yet to figure out.  And she had been to a live showing, and knew exactly what to do.  It requires much audience participation, which was readily given.  It was great!!  That about sums up our fall thus far.  Right now, we are looking forward to Thanksgiving with the in-laws, and a much needed 4 day weekend.
That is all!  Until next time arrivederci!!

No comments: