Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Friday, April 22, 2011

Apirl Showers Bring May Flowers!!

So, I am more than ready for some steady sunshine.  No more of this a few hours a day crap.  First of all, I would like to give a shout-out to my mom.  She is running in a 5k next month and I am so proud of her for taking that initiative.  Lord knows I need to discipline myself in that area.  Hopefully with summer comes a new desire to be in shape and keep healthy.  
  Anyway, just thought I would give a tiny update on the goings-on in our lives.  Richard is almost finished with the semester and couldn't be happier.  He has 2 weeks left.  This has been a rough semester for him, so he will be glad for the break.  He figured out that he only has 3 semesters left after this one until he can graduate with his Bachelors' degree.  He wants to get his Masters' Degree at the University of Oregon, in Portland.  He's planning on going into marketing.  And he loves comics.  Dark Horse comics are located in Portland and he is hoping to start out there.  I am proud of him for trucking through all of this.  
  In August I am getting CPO certified.  My boss is paying for my lodging and entrance to go to the Idaho Optometric Association Congress in Sun Valley, so that I can take the test.  I am nervous and excited.  I finally receive the study guide he promised me 6 months ago.  Luckily a good deal of the information I already know from job experience.  I have been in contact with the IOPPS(Idaho Optometric Physicians Paraoptometric Section) President and she reassured me that the test was easy and I will have nothing to worry about.  
  This summer, we are hoping to take a trip to Chicago with a group of friends. My brother-in-law just recently moved from there to Salt Lake and has not yet sold his house.  So, our plans depend on if it sells between now and July.  For his sake, I hope it does.  For ours, I hope it doesn't. =)
  We are very looking forward to having family come up in July.  I have taken a couple days off work for the occasion.  I am so especially excited for Jade and Dan to be here!  We miss them so much and can't wait to see them.
Well, I believe that is all.

No comments: