Ok, so it has been quite a while since I updated. Pretty much everyone that reads this, I talk to regularly anyway, but oh well.
I can't believe that in a few short weeks, we will be celebrating our 1 year anniversary. They say the first year is the hardest, but I have had an absolute blast. I guess that is what you get when you marry your best friend. Just a few minutes ago, he was calling me a freak for being good at numbers. Ah, that is love.
Our little life has been full of adventures. I have a lot to update on. This summer, Richard worked for his mom's boyfriend and built a beautiful fence in his backyard. I am glad that he was practicing these things for when we have a house of his own. I bet he is super excited that I know he has these wonderful skills!!
Pretty much life stays the same, with work and school. Richard is sick of school, and blames it on me. He said he planned on going to school to be able to take care of a future wife, and since I am now that future wife, it is my fault. =)
I have just been working my butt off, with strange hours and frustrating situations. I love my job and the people I come in contact with. I am hoping to certify as an optician. My boss offered to pay for the study materials and the exam, which was amazing of him. The only problem being that he is forgetful and procrastinates. But I am a good at reminding him.
We just recently moved in with my mother-in-law. She retired at the end of 2010, and my dear husband worries about her. So, we moved in to help her out financially and work on saving money ourselves. She paid off my car and other debt for us this summer, so this will also help us to return that.
So far, it has been good. Except that when it is cold, her lights don't always work, and I am afraid of basements. Not a fun thing. So, I put a Tinkerbell night light at the bottom of the stairs and solved that problem.
We recently bought a 46" Sony Bravia for each other with my Christmas bonus and other Christmas money. We are so excited to have made such a large purchase together for the first time. Next we will be on to cars, a house, and babies. Hopefully in that order.
I want to thank my big sister for the anniversary shout out. We are excited at the continuing adventure of our life.
I am sad that mu husband will not be awake for the amazing Valentine's breakfast I would have made for him. I will have to make it for dinner...or maybe have an early Valentine's on Sunday.

1 comment:
Wow 46" TV? and we thought our 42" was big.
Post a Comment