Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

I am a blog slacker...it is official!

Ok, so sorry it has been so long.  I have been busy, but the main reason is that I haven't had internet, and now that I do, my computer won't work.  Silly, huh? =)  So, I am using Richard's while he sleeps. Shh...don't tell.  
  I have been 'scolded' for not keeping my blog updated, especially in this pivotal time in my life.  I am sad to report, though, that I have no new pictures.  Richard's computer is too little and my computer hates me.  So, as soon as everything is up and running again, I will have a mass amount of pictures!  You won't even know how to handle it.  =P
  Anyway, so a few incredible things have happened since my last post.  First off, I am engaged! (the full effect really isn't there without the pictures....yet to come)  We are getting married March 19, 2010 in the Logan Temple.  I have never been so happy!  I am so in love, and I can truly say I have never felt such complete and utter love and adoration from another person.  I don't even know how to deal with it sometimes. 
  We survived Christmas and Thanksgiving with the in-laws.  And came out with no scars or anything, I'd say we handled it quite well. . 
  I also had the chance to go dress shopping and take engagement pictures...twice.  I have yet to receive aforementioned pictures, but be patient. 
  We are having the theme of our wedding be 1920s Crime, like bank robbers and the like.  I couldn't be more excited!  My future mother-in-law already bought her flapper dress!  She seemed a little unsure about her baby getting married, but she seems to have really taken off with the idea.  Although, she keeps asking me, "Are you sure you want to do this?"  haha
  My mom and my Grandma are pretty much awesome! They have put together all the necessary things for the decorations, and they just blow my mind with how amazing they are!!
  Ok, so now that you have an idea of my adventures thus far.....
-THE PROPOSAL
     To preface this story, there are a few minor details that need to be known.  Richard spent the summer in Chicago.  So, we became an 'official' couple right after he left.  Yes, we are strange that way.  Anyway,  it seemed like the Lord had been waiting for us both to be ready, and right when we were, summer was here.  And Richard heads to Chicago every summer to work and stay with his brother.  So, when he came home, everything felt so right and it was almost like we had been dating for so long, when in all reality it had only been 3 months and we hadn't seen each other in that time, just had very lengthy phone calls numerous times a week.   One night, after he had come home, we went to this little park a few blocks from his house.  In this park, there is a single swing set and a giant willow trees.  Now, ever since Pocahontas, I have loved willow trees.  As, we lay under the willow tree,  we talk about everything and anything.  After a momentary lull in conversation, Richard leaned up on his elbow and told me he loved me.  So, now willow trees hold an even more special place in my heart, more particularly, that willow tree. 
  For Halloween, we were planning on going to this party of a friend of a friend.  Richard had been telling me the whole previous week that his mom had needed to talk to him when he had time to sit and talk alone.  Halloween was the only night he was able to do that.  Our plan was to have him go talk to his mom, and meet me at the party.  So, when the time came, he went to his mom's house.  The plan changed slightly in that he told me that his best friend, Keith, would pick me up on his way to the party.  So, he came and picked me and took me to this park.  It was the very park that was mentioned in the beginning of my story.  Now, I was none the wiser because I had no idea where the guy lived who was having the party.  Well, Keith pulled up to the park and stopped.  We saw this person just lying at the base of the tree.  So, I was a little creeped out, but got out of the car with Keith anyway.  After we had gotten out of the car, Keith says to me, "You should go see who that is...he looks dead."  I was thinking that that would be the last thing that I wanted to do.  Just as I had that thought, Keith got back in the car and drove away.  So, I wandered over to creepy stranger under the tree.  As I neared Creeper, I noticed he was holding something in his hands.  Upon further inspection, I saw that he held a dozen roses.  I smiled a little and lied down beside him.  My heart raced as he gave me the roses, one by one.  And for every rose he gave me, he also told me a reason he wanted to be with me forever.  When he was down to the last two roses, he pulled a tiny ring off his chest, told me he loved me, and asked if I would be marry him. 
Isn't that a sweet story?  Yeah, I thought so too.  It gives me warm fuzzies just thinking about it and passing it on to you.
 The following week, we took engagement pictures and I went dress shopping.  For our pictures, I wore a black flapper dress with a headband.  Richard wore a vest, pinstriped slacks, a derby hat, and of course, a gun in the holster. =)  He also knew a guy that happened to have old cars, 1920 Ford to be exact.  You can only imagine how those pictures turned out!  Well, so can I.  A couple weeks later, I received an email from the photographer saying that her external hard drive had been damaged and she lost all the pictures!  She did her best to retrieve them, but to no avail.  Alas, we had a reshoot a couple of days ago, and should be receiving those in the next couple days....along with my dress!!
  Well, I think it is just about past my bedtime.  I will try to keep you all a little more updated!  Ciao!

No comments: