And so it went with the barbeque. They cooked the burgers and we all sat inside and ate them. As soon, as we were all pretty much finished, it stopped raining. That's when the real fun began!
You see, I am dating this boy...his name is Richard. And he's in Chicago for the summer. This was the night I got to meet 'the framily.' So I was all sorts of nervous and trying to impress. haha. These people are far more incredible than I would have ever imagined! First, there were Chris and Hillary. They are like the mom and dad of the group. And then, John and Jess. Anyway, after dinner, they all busted out the weapons. And by that, I literally mean weapons. It was the greatest thing I had ever seen. I was almost afraid of not making a good impression, because I soo did not want to get on anyone's bad side, especially John. Mainly because most of the weapons were his and he was ripped.

We all then set out to destroy some cantaloupes and a random alley couch. I didn't do much with the cantaloupes. But I was forced to show my true colors when they brought the couch out. The first few swings were with a crow bar and they weren't all that I could do, mainly because I was afraid I would hit myself with the crowbar, being the clumsy one that I am. =)
This couch was made of oak, therefore, it took a good hour and a half to demolish. But, it was a blast! I finally got up the guts to use the axe. And I took some dang good swings at it, if I do say so myself!! Although, being so clumsy I have established lighting fast reflexes. Which ended up being good, because I almost chopped my calf in two with the axe! But I just laughed it off.
And this concluded my first meeting with the 'framily.' I was too chicken to ask if it went well....I sure hope it did!.
Then, Nikki and I went, with our friend Mat, to watch the fireworks. They were beautiful!!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment