Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Sunday, April 15, 2012

Oh the places you'll go....

So, it's official.  We are moving to Portland.  Memorial Day can't get here soon enough, but on the other hand, there is still so much that needs to be done!!  I feel so overwhelmed.  But I am so excited at the same time.  I've never been a small town girl, I've just been put here waiting for something better to come along.  And something definitely did.  He graduates in 3 weeks.  We have a good life, with bountiful blessings.  
  I have had 3 job interviews, thus far.  All 3 of which have told me that they are very impressed with my resume and how qualified I am.  One that told me they would hold the job, but their main fear was that with my qualifications, I would find something better.  So, I have two personal interviews set up for the week we get there.   
  We  have found an apartment that we love, and are just waiting for May to come so we can apply to it.  And hoping that they haven't rented it out yet.  
  This is where we will be calling home soon.  Isn't it beautiful!!!

I was called to teach in Primary a couple of months ago, and just asked to be released.  I was really beginning to enjoy it.  I am a little sad that I won't be doing that.  But I need to spend some time with my family before they are no longer 30 minutes away.  My mother-in-law keeps trying to convince us that we don't really want to move.
  It's kind of weird how everything works out.  We had planned on moving the end of the summer, but I kept getting this feeling that we needed to move by the end of June, then by the first of June.  So, I started throwing resumes out there, not really thinking anyone would call, since May was two months away.  But then I got a call, then another, and again another.  So, I put my 6 weeks in at work, and my last day is the 25th of May.  It's  crazy.  I have worked there fro 4 years!  I know all the patients that come in, I can recognize certain people's voices on the phone.  Now I have to adjust to all new faces, all new co-workers.
  It's all so wonderful and scary.  I can't wait for this new adventure to start.  If only May would hurry up and get here...

No comments: